Collard Greens with Smoked Turkey Recipe
• Smoked Turkey necks gold wings
• 1 small red onions diced
• 2 Clove Garlic, diced
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 2-3 bunches collard greens
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Rinse collards greens in the sink under running cold water.
2. Pick greens away from the stem. Stack Collard greens into several leaves on top of each other. Using a cutting board and knife, roll the leaves together and cut collard green leaves into 1 Inch Thick Strips.
3. in a small pot boil turkey necks (Gold Turkey wings) over medium-high heat until tender. Ounce Turkey parts are tender rinse and transfer to the pot radiologically your collard greens.
4. in separate large pot, heat equal amounts of water and chicken broth. Add Greens, bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Next add diced red onions, garlic and olive oil. Cover with lid and continue to simmer for 1-1/2 hours. Ounce Greens are tender add salt and pepper to taste. The cooking continues to add equal amounts of water and broth.